Tuesday, September 14, 2010

breaking that fast

If you'd asked me a few days ago if I liked muesli, I'd have answered with a resounding, "Hell yeah". However, should you have pressed me to tell which brand of muesli I liked I would have mumbled a sheepish, "Um, I'm still looking..."

Good muesli is an exacting science. It needs to have just the right amount of plump, chewy dried fruits and crunchy nuts, a hit of flavour and yummy oats. Of course toasted oats are always best - but then again that usually fills them full of fat - so you might as well be having a good ol' british fry up for breakfast.

But now, oh now I've discovered the Holy Grail of Muesli. Apparently it's just had a packaging change and leapt out at me with its box so stylish it deserves a wee glass display shelf all on its own in my kitchen. I braved the Velvety Vanilla flavour, even though I worried it'd have an antisceptic 'vanilla essence' taste. But oh my NO!

This muesli is only half toasted - so you get the delicious crunch, but with way less fat. Crunchy macadamias are studded throughout while plump dried cranberries, coconut and dates provide the perfect accompaniment to a vanilla taste so pure and delicious you'd swear you were supping on a vanilla-bean pannacotta.

This, my friends, is Muesli Nirvana. AND it's Aussie-made. If you're seeking the ideal breakfast allow me to implore you to give this a shot {oh, and it's also available in honey flavoured if vanilla ain't your thang...}

5 comments:

  1. I want to employ you to write our advertising copy! I'm compelled to purchase after reading your scrumptious endorsement!!

    I would like to defend the humble oat, however. Oats are one of the world's most nutritious foods and they contain zero fat - unless you toast them up in butter or oil, of course. But that's not the fault of the Oat. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be all the advertorials I've been writing lately Maxabella!

    But oh, this muesli, hard not to wax lyrical with such a delightful bowl. I know what you mean about oats - they're amazing, but heaven forbid we should leave it be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I love this muesli too! It's so yummy and it fills me up so that I'm not hungry until lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've sold me!
    this will definitely be jumping into the shopping basket on the next foray into the dreaded supermarket.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x