Tuesday, September 07, 2010

easy entertaining

I started off my morning earlier than I have in a long time. I had to drive 20 minutes to my 7am appointment for my MRI on my knee. Yep, SEVEN A. M. Thankfully it's over and done with now, and hopefully tomorrow I'll take the film and report to my physio and find out what's actually wrong with my knee.

We've got guests today. Mum's best friend from way back is popping in for afternoon tea, so I'm going to whip up some madelines as a sweet treat. These little French shell-shaped treats are so simple and delicious, and because they're teeny tiny only take around 3 minutes to bake. I'll make a double batch so my gal can take some to school for the rest of the week. I'll make some regular, some rose petal and a few lemon I think. Mmmmmmm.

PS: my squeal-worth moment today? My email saying "Don Draper is following you on Twitter!" Yeah baby!

2 comments:

  1. i have a 7am seminar tomorrow morning. was wondering how i would cope but you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - recipe for rose and lemon madelines please - they sound delicious! Hope your knee is ok!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x