Sunday, September 12, 2010

oh what a night!

It's taken me a while to post about the ball, mainly because I spent yesterday, {ahem} recovering. It was quite the night. Firstly, I must say that I'm pretty sure I was on the best-dressed table. All my gal pals looked completely and utterly gorgeous. My fabulous friend Ms G had the most perfectly fingerwaved hairstyle, art deco-esque earrings {$5 from Diva no less} and the most perfect black french lace bolero over her frock. Ms R looked ravishingly beautiful, as always, in a frock with the most perfect neckline the world has ever seen and a smokey eye that would make many a make-up artist weep with envy. Gorgeous friend J looked smoking in a wafty wasabi frock that was made for spinning up a storm on the dance floor. Finally, and I'm saving this one, my glorious friend N won the prize for most covetable footwear. Check out those beauties. Set off with a stunning frock complete with tulle {!} underskirt she flashed those pins with the pride they deserved.

We bid and won on a few auction items, we tend to get a bit overexcited at these events - could have something to do with the amount of champagne consumed by the time the bidding starts. So we're off to another day at the races where we gals shall studiously ignore the horsies, because we're too busy concentrating on our champagne and giggling - and hopefully the husbands will bet smart and help us end up ahead like they did last time.

I did do the glittery eye. Eyes rimmed in a fabulous Mac shadow - delft blue - and then my Make Up Forever glitter pen {clear with multi-coloured glitter} over the top. And oh yeah, I also went with the red glossy lip - gotta rock that drag-queen look. I can't say my pics turned out great - the iPhone's handy, but take great close-up shots it does not. So you'll just have to imagine it - or I'll post a blurry shot later on.

I missed the dancing. Oh, I missed the dancing. There are few people in this world who get as excited about dancing as me and it nearly killed me to not be able to dance. Luckily I couldn't really hear the band because of the sound system, so at least I wasn't tempted by any fave tunes busting out to limp onto the dance floor.

The night reinforced how blessed with are with such fabulous friends. I mightn't have been able to dance, but the night was still a blast thanks to a table of utterly gorgeous people.

8 comments:

  1. It all sounds so fantastic, oh what a night indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time despite the lack of dancing. And it sounds like you have wonderful freinds!

    I was thinking of you last night as we went out to dinner (a new -to us- place) and there was pork belly AND twice cooked duck on the menu! I went with the pork belly. It was very nice.

    I think I had a Pork Belly and Duck = PPMJ = blog post moment.

    Yes, I don't get out much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fab night out! Love an excuse to dress up! Love to see a pic of that glittery eye, sounds amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great night out...

    Love a reason to get all dressed up and have a night out with friends...oh and any excuse for champagne is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWWW!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful night out! I'm glad you did, it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear youy had a fab time. I can't remember the last ball I went to. Maybe it's time to get a new party frock and go dancing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x