Friday, September 24, 2010

friday I have sunday on my mind...

It might be friday, but I'm hankering for Sunday. On Sunday we're off for five blissful days down south in my favourite town in Australia {besides my own...}. Yep, we're hitting Burrawang in the Southern Highlands. Last year we had the most incredibly relaxing, yet fun, holiday with another family and we've booked the same holiday house again this year. The girls are beside themselves with plans and we adults are looking forward to days spent lazing, and nights spent sipping champagne in front of the fire {surely it'll still be chilly enough for a fire at night - won't it?}.

We've already got a few traditions: every afternoon the dads and the girls walk up the hill to the pub where the girls play checkers and sip fire-engines while the dads sip beers and chat. While this goes on we mums either sit in the sunroom and read - or possibly have an afternoon nap. I know - it's all too fabulous.

Of course I have work to finalise before I leave. I would also like to work out how to schedule posts so I don't leave you hanging for a week {anyone technological care to fill me in on that?}. Ah, country roads...

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful holiday! I hope you have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that sounds like a nice place! I am so sad we *just* miss you, next year you can come further down the road a little way for some champagne! Have a FABULOUS time. Very well deserved for you with all your hard work AND your injury, so soak it up and enjoy my friend s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bliss. I love Burrawang. I could live in the pub there and be happy every single day.

    I'll email you about the post scheduling!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fantastic time and I'm sure it'll still be cool enough for a fire. The scheduling is easy. I can do it, so it must be, although I have managed to stuff it up on occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time. Just make sure you don't buy a church while you're there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that sounds like my kind of holiday! Enjoy! You deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time. I'm pretty sure you will! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a really fun holiday. You lucky ducks! I lov the idea of holidaying with another family with kids the same age as your own. I've not done that since having Lewi. So much more fun having everyone's needs met. Have lots of fun. Can't wait to hear of your adventures. Lots of photos of antique stores, please;)

    Also, i love the image. I have a case very similar to that middle one though mine's not quite as wide. That case was also at davidmetnicole. Seems to be a popular little suitcase at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x