Sunday, July 18, 2010

well hello!

Oooh, it's oh-so-quiet. Husband left at 7.45 this morning to play golf, taking the wee lass with him. Last night she told us how much she missed her Nana {yes, this would be the nana we went away with, and that she had a three-night-sleepover with} so she's gone to spend the morning with her. Nana, as you can imagine, is positively tickled pink - as am I as it means I can get sooooo much done.

It's a glorious winter's day again today. Blue skies aplenty. So I'll be doing loads of washing, a bit of tidying and later on, cooking up a storm for school lunches. I've been inspired by Liss at Frills in the Hills and plan on doing a lot more freezing than I've done in the past {usually I'll make three days of quiches and keep them in the fridge}.

Last night I had my first real eBay success. I was hunting for a case for my iPhone because now I've got a black iPhone, daughter has a black iTouch and we have a black iPpod, I thought the chances of my walking out with the wrong iDevice were pretty high. So after some searching I found a Cath Kidston gadget case on eBay - with only a few hours till closing. I made my bid and followed my usual shopping guidelines {how much would I happily pay for this if I saw it in a store, regardless of the label?} and then put in my maximum bid {odd dollar number, odd cents number}. For the last 40 minutes I sat there watching and had the heart-stopping moments of watching the other bidder rise, and rise, and rise - until I won. They stopped $3.75 lower than me. I'm thrilled, particularly as Cath Kidston don't have this case on sale any more {it's white, with lovely pink roses}. Very happy.

Oh, and how much am I already loving my iPhone? How do I count the ways?

Finally - I did actually sneakily cook salmon for dinner last night after managing to skip it once again on its required night. Now, do I brave the crowds at the Farmer's Markets today, or just shrug my shoulders and shop at Coles... We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. You could SO create this hallway at your place. How seriously devine is it? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I was thinking the same thing. It's from my 'inspiration folder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I love Cath Kidston! I want one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a gorgeous iPhone cover and a great idea too! Wouldn't be able to make many calls on an iPod!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x