Thursday, July 29, 2010

time flies

Oh, much to do, but where's the time to do it? I just started writing out a to-do list for the day but had to stop as it was giving me palpitations. See, much of my day requires me to make phone calls - and I loathe making phone calls. I'll do anything to avoid calling: email, text, dropping in - hell, I'd even write a letter if I thought it would help. All the calls are chase-ups too - my most dreaded kind.

In happy news, my beautiful bookshelf and ladder arrived yesterday. It's in four parts, in two different rooms, but oh my it's delicious. I cannot wait till next week to install it - and to finally pull all my books from boxes and place them on the shelves. Bliss.

Okay, I can't put it off any longer. I'm going to start making phone calls... I'll just make myself a cup of coffee first...

8 comments:

  1. I share your phone pain. I really hate the phone, always have. If I go a whole work day without speaking on the phone I am happy. This rarely happens, of course. There's this girl I work with who calls me to tell me she's emailing me something. Drives me mental. I mentioned it once and she said "I know, but I just love chatting to you." What am I supposed to say to that? And so it persists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, glad I'm not the only one! That girl, as cute as she sounds, would drive me insano!! ps: my word verification is 'undory' which I'm pretty sure is the opposite to 'hunky dory' which indicates that phoning is 'undory'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, hate phone calls and would do anything to avoid them. Hallelujah for SMS and email!

    I have been doing the ring around of childcare centres the past couple of days doing the "Hi, it's me again, you didn't return my call...." it's fairly hellish.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Corinne, the hassle of the child care centres - a nightmare I still remember. But apparently it's the only way to get in, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and me too - i do whatever I can to avoid phone calls. I have to admit I am one of those people who tries to call when I am likely to get message bank....which is kind of silly because it prolongs the inevitable as they call back, miss me and then I am left to call them again!

    Aaah, how did phone etiquette get so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true Gill, I'm always doing phone-tag which makes it worse. Although, once I've made that first phone call I'm okay...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you please send us some pics of your new bookshelves and ladder. I'd love to see them. I'm sooo jealous already:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel about phone calls. Would much rather email. Less chance for stuffing it up with a whole lot of blather before I get to the point. My word verification is 'dedso', which pretty much sums up how I feel about the phone these days.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x