Wednesday, July 21, 2010

bright idea

In exciting news {well, for me} my study renovation's underway. Yesterday hubby came home from lunch telling me he'd found the French Library I wanted - half price. So that wasn't to be sniffed at. So we bought it. Then we called about the desk I wanted. It was on sale. So we bought it. Then I realised we needed to get things moving before they were delivered and quickly called about the carpet. The measure's been done, the quote's on its way, and if the price is right I'll be ordering it to.

This is moving fast for us. Normally we start thinking about something, look into every possible avenue, look at a few more, think about it, look some more, think, look, think and then act. But with this it's a case of why not? I found the carpet I love, was able to afford the bookcase of my dreams {it comes with a LADDER people} and have found the perfect desk. Why wait? All we need to do is clean out, paint the room and then decorate.

Last thing's I'll need are a light fitting and a couple of blinds - but they can wait till everything else is in place {this wee light in the photo - how cute would that look in my butler's pantry?}

PS: It's my baby bro's birthday today. Not that I can ever imagine him delving into such pink, floral fluffiness as there is on this site, but anyway - Happy Birthday Jeff xxx

PS and by-the-way: How good is eBay? I bought a Cath Kidston iPhone case on Saturday night - and my iPhone is now happily snuggled inside. Happiness!

PS and an oh-my-gawd: This redecoration's going to be somewhat accelerated. When I first enquired about the carpet I was told there'd be a four-week-wait for laying. Upon ordering I'm told, 'we'll be there next week'. Eeep. So we need to move everything out, wash the walls and then paint them by this time next week. Guess I know what we're doing over the next few nights and days...

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely place it will be! Can't wait to see finished results. Very jealous of 'French library' - with ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it's the ladder bit that gives me the squeals! I'll have to take before shots of all its beige berber, pale 'beech' laminate and mis-matched bookshelf 'glory'

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Goodness me...a new, fresh start in just a week. First the mouse then phone, now this! I like it lady, I like it VERY much. Now send some decisiveness my way please....

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Normally we start thinking about something, look into every possible avenue, look at a few more, think about it, look some more, think, look, think and then act. But with this it's a case of why not?" This is so me. I can learn from this.

    You are so lucky to be doing your reno. We are still saving and dreaming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Beth - I know, EVERYTHING'S happening!!!!!

    Maxabella, so pleased we're not the only ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so envious. I know I am getting a new kitchen, but I would love to do a make over of my study. I have sort of started but it is a mishmash as I don't really know what I want. Can't wait to see before and after photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x