Thursday, July 01, 2010

eggs-cellent

I'm limping around the house today with one of those annoying, straight-leg limps. It's all because I didn't act my age. Yesterday at netball training we had odd numbers, so I paired up with the smallest 10-year-old player for a bit of attack and defence. All went well until she decided to go straight under me. I had one of those slow motion falls where you have plenty of time to think. You know you're going down, and first you try to stop it, but then you just try to fall in whatever way can minimise the damage. I did a bit of a commando roll on falling, but only after I landed hard on my left knee, taking off a lot of skin, drawing a lot of blood and causing loads of swelling.

By the time I came home I had a big egg on my kneecap. Ouch. It wasn't as pretty as the eggs in this picture, and I'm pretty sure it's a lot more painful. Hopefully it'll recover before my semi-final on monday night.

Next time when any of my players hit the concrete court I'll be rushing over to ensure they're okay rather than doing the "oh, you'll be fine. Just run around a bit and you'll feel better..."

8 comments:

  1. Trying to keep up with a ten year old will kill you. In future let them do all the running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, t'was a hard, painful lesson to learn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! Sounds like a pretty tough ten year old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got taken down by a 10 year old. Let's just mull that one over for a while, shall we? And don't even get me started on netball... You poor darling, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's the old David and Goliath battle re-enacted. And the bigger they are, the harder they fall...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh, hope you feel better soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you. Hope your egg looks as pretty as the ones in the picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x