Tuesday, July 20, 2010

and relax...

Every now and again I like to be extraordinarily busy. Super busy. Flat out like a lizard drinking. That busy. You know why? Not just because I feel productive, although that's part of it. No, I like the afterwards. When it's calm and it seems as though I have all the time in the world. I sent the last of the frantic deadline work off yesterday, flopped on the couch last night and today have pottered here and there, getting stuff done in a calm, unflappable manner. Bliss.

PS: that hammock, tied between olive trees and brushing by sprigs of lavender? Can you IMAGINE a better place for an afternoon nap?

4 comments:

  1. How could you ever get out of that divine thing? So gorgeous! Makes a regular bed seem positively archaic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, there is nothing like that feeling of accomplishment and then relaxation after being too busy to scratch yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wintery spot! There's nothing better than the feeling of relaxing after hard work. I especially love it after I've been slogging it in the garden. Love to jump in the shower, get rid of the grime and feel fresh and clean again. Then a cup of tea and a sit in teh winter's sun and read Deltora to Lewi (that's what we're reading at the moment, at least).

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x