Thursday, July 22, 2010

essential ingredients



Morning {or afternoon, or evening...}. Hope you've got something fabulous planned for today. I'm finishing and sending off an article, then it's lunch with a gorgeous friend. This evening it's back into French lessons {praying I haven't forgotten everything from the past two semesters} and we're going to start on moving everything but the desk, chair and computer from the study in preparation for painting. Hurrah.

Now, MasterChef. I'm finding it hard to sustain interest at the pointy end. I hope Adam wins, but I'm guessing that Callum's popularity {he's consistently been a trending topic on twitter!} and the friendliness of his cookbook idea will see him slide through to victory. I do love some of his ideas - but oh my, Jimmy's chai latte brulee had my tastebuds buzzing last night.

I do have MasterChef to thank for the greater array of ingredients now available at Coles. Yesterday I bought Lilydale free-range chicken mince and was delighted to see a tray of Lilydale free-range chicken pieces. Bliss - chicken thighs with skin on! Nigella's St Tropez chicken here I come! Actually, might make that for dinner tonight. If you'll excuse me, I need to pop the chicken in a big zip-lock bag with a bottle of rosé, some honey, lime, garlic, olive oil and herbs de provence and marinated for 3 hours to overnight. Then it's taken out of the bag and tipped in a baking dish and baked slowly under alfoil for 1.5 hours, then the foil removed for the last 15 - 20 minutes to tan the skin deliciously. Mmmmm.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about master chef, I think it would be great if Adam wins. And Coles has definitely improved ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...sounds great your rose chicken, will give it a go! I hope Adams wins too! I'll keep my fingers, toes...everything crossed:)have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly - love Adam - his dishes look beautiful and interesting.

    Oana - do try it - the updated version in which I've included olive oil, marinating and actually removing it from the plastic bag to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Adam wins too. I lost interest when Marion then Alvin went, now with Claire gone - well - so goes my interest. I don't think Callum should win and I think the judges have cut him some breaks that they haven't done with others. I will be glad to have my evenings back though - more time for blogging. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x