Tuesday, July 27, 2010

on the shelf



With my bookshelf due to arrive any moment now, I'm in full-on panic mode. Luckily I've sent of the article due today and have nothing pressing on the horizon - except for getting this house in order. I have a new motivation - the mortification index. If I'm trying to consider if something needs doing I consider how mortified I'd be if I didn't, and someone dropped by. At the moment I can safely say I'd be terminally mortified by the state of every single room in the house.

So I'm going to start in the hallway. As I've mentioned, everything that was on the bookshelves in the study is in piles in the hallway so I've been going through them, sorting out, tossing out, recyling, filing... I have managed to find all but one report card, school photo and santa photo {all from the same year mind - what was I doing that year?}. Once the hall's under control and cleared so the bookshelf can come through I'll clear some space in the bedroom for the shelf to sit for the next week - while we paint the study and wait for the carpet to be laid - next Wednesday afternoon. Woo hoo!

Okay, I'm off - wish me buckets of luck.

4 comments:

  1. Love a good sort and purge. But tell me, do you plan to colour code your books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lordy no - colour coding would drive me INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better...I'm doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x