Saturday, December 27, 2008

totally stuffed

Last night I roasted a rather delish chicken. I washed it, dried it, then stuffed it with this:
2 slices wholegrain bread, grated
6 slices prosciutto, diced
1 egg
a generous sprinkling of dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper

Then I rubbed olive oil all over the chicken, trussed the legs, sprinkled salt over it, then placed a few slices of butter on top, rubbing into the skin. The chicken then went onto a baking rack, in a tray, into which I poured two cups of moscato (white wine). 

I baked it at 180 degrees for an hour, then tented it with foil and baked it for a further 30 mins till it was cooked through. Finally, I took it out and rested it for 15 minutes. The skin was crispy and golden, the flesh was oohhhh so moist, and the stuffing was mighty fine considering my limited food options on Boxing Day. We ate it with a simple salad and washed it down with bubbles (you know, cos it's Christmas).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x