Tuesday, December 23, 2008

ready or not

Oh so not. I haven't really given a great deal of thought to Christmas this year, aside from our fast four hour shop a month ago. But see, the thing is, I just looked at the date and realised that I'm somewhat unprepared for the big day. There's still shopping to do - for a teenage niece and nephew - the toughest pressies. There's a secret santa gift needed for a difficult-to-buy-for brother-in-law (wow, that's a lot of hyphens, even for me) and I may need to buy my husband the odd pressie or two.

I've also got to finalise my daughter's birthday invites and send them out. Plan her party - oh, and actually set a date for it that's not tentative. This is undoubtedly my most disorganised year - particularly with her party. I guess it's because I was hoping for the pool party, then had to do the quick switcheroo when I realised that the backyard wasn't likely to be ready in time. 

So today, I'm all action stations Christmas and birthday. I'll buy those last few pressies, get the invites sorted - and maybe do a little work as well. It can be done, and will, so we can all have a very, very merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I have another batch of cookies to bake tomorrow then I'm finished baking, exactly four days behind schedule. None of my presents that need to be MAILED have been yet- thus, they will all be LATE. I just finished putting together mose of the presents and Nolan kind of stared at me and was like, "Why can't we just buy people one or two things then wrap them and be done?" I stared back and was like "I like putting together my own presents and ideas for gifts. no one gives out gifts like I do- it's my thing! You knew this when you got into this buddy- this is our third or fourth Christmas now!"

    He popped his mouth shut and began curling ribbon to go around the bottles of chocolate liquor that go with the specialty hot cocoas that go with the pretty mugs that go with the goodie bags and cookie tins that all go into beautiful bags for people with small bottles of our favorite wines and/or a book.

    Don't tell me that isn't a gift that wouldn't make your jaw drop and you squeal with delight. NOBODY creates gifts like I do. Hoopah!

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless. Yes, I'm a huge fan of those unique gifts - love receiving them, but am so not a person who does them. It all sounds amazing and I'm sure that every one of those lucky recipients will feel cocooned in love. Happy holidays gorgeous one, enjoy. Lx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x