Friday, December 26, 2008

bubbles

Festivities just aren't complete without bubbles - preferably French ones. Which is why I'm rather chuffed that a case of this little beauty currently resides in my pantry. 

While I adore Pommery, Moet and Tattinger, my bank account does not. However, I can justify spending $12 on Veuve Amiot - a refreshing sparkling wine that hails from the delightful Loire region. If you ever stumble upon it I can recommend it. It's light and doesn't have that acrid taste that cheaper sparklings can offer. It's also taken over from Grandin as my other bargain French bubble.

Actually, I may need to pop a bottle in the fridge while my chicken roasts. I am meant to be detoxing, but hey, it's Christmas is it not?

3 comments:

  1. Think of it this way, you're enjoying all those bubbles for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be raising a glass to you m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that case, better make it two. Tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x