Thursday, December 04, 2008

love/hate relationships

There are some people I adore, and nothing they ever do will change that. Dita Von Teese is one. Kate Winslett another. The Fug Girls, Posh Spice - ooooh yeah. Others I loathe and they'll be able to do not one thing to win me over - Heather Mills, Siena Miller... 

However, sometimes I jump ship. My husband assures me I haven't always idolised Victoria Beckham, whereas I will swear I've always wanted her as a best friend. But one person I've totally turned on is Rachel Zoe. Loathed her, now love her. She's bananas. I die. Yes, all those catch phrases I so despised in the lead up to the Rachel Zoe Project now spill from my mouth like pearls. I adore her, covet her wardrobe, love her hubby, am besotted with her assistant Brad... and all this is balanced out by my loathing of her ever-so-mean assistant Taylor. I will be bereft when the show finishes - where will I get my vintage and couture visual fix from? Certainly not my wardrobe (even though I have a hefty stock of vintage, it pales in comparison to Rachel's - le sigh...)

2 comments:

  1. Why do you love Victoria Beckham? I'm cofused. She's skinny and uber stylish but she's just soooo creepy. I am amused by Rachel Zoe and of her show but I don't really admire her. I love her hubby and Brad and her clothes but she herself is just a little wierd. She doesn't strike me as healthy mentally. Maybe I'm just wierd myself. I love Kate Winslet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to post on why I love Miss Posh - she's always so eminently entertaining. And yes, I'm with you on the weird thing - I always prefer someone who's slightly left of centre... or more. I remember the first time I read Catcher in the Rye being astonished when people said that Holden was unhinged - I identified far too readily with him - he seemed like a 'normal' teen to me! I also think I love Rachel Zoe's dedication - much the same as with Victoria Beckham. When you know what you what and go after it with ferocity - so long as you don't hurt anyone in the process, that's got to be admired. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x