Friday, December 19, 2008

action stations

Tell you what, it makes sense just to get in and get things done. Half an hour ago my desk was a disaster, and now? It's clear, it smells of lavender (yummy) and all the paper is in the recyling! Often it's just far to easy to think everything's too hard, but biting off a task in a small chunk (ie my desk rather than my entire study!) means I can achieve something and feel proud of it.

Yes, I will have to put on my blinkers and ignore the rest of my study - but I can do that now the desk is looking so good. Later on today I'll work on the bookshelf to my right, and maybe after that, the chair behind me that's covered in, well, stuff. But right now I'll breathe in the lavender, layer my hands with Cath Kidston Rose & Carnation handcream and work with a smile on my face.

3 comments:

  1. We differ here.

    If an onerous task needs doing, everything else but, gets done.

    If an essay was due, the house was never cleaner.

    Try my method for cleaning your office. Pretend you've got to learn brain surgery. Oh and the word verification I have to use today... is Sybil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky about the Sybil thing. And I still can't comment on your blog.

    It hates me.

    But I must say, I am rocking at not procrastinating now I'm a full-time freelancer - think it's the fear factor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, nothing like begging on the streets for cheaper brands of champagne to concentrate the mind.

    Now, my blob (that's what I'm calling it) hates you, huh? We gotta sort this. It just makes me look even lonelier when you and (wait, add two, carry the one,) all five of my readers can't leave a message.

    XX AGA

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x