Monday, January 09, 2012

meal planning monday


Why hello there, how's your monday treating you? I'm determined to have a good week this week, so here's what's on the menu plan:

Monday: We're off to my mother-in-law's for dinner tonight for dinner with our English family before they head back home on the weekend.

Tuesday: I seem to keep ordering garlic from Aussie Farmers and then forgetting to use it, so tonight we'll have chicken with 40 cloves of garlic for dinner. Ha - that'll use it up. *Update: OH MY GOD - best chicken meal EVER. Please make it.

Wednesday: I'll make a pilaf with the leftover chicken from last night's dinner.

Thursday: Off to a bbq to say farewell to OS relatives {why yes, it is a long goodbye - but they're worth it}. I'm taking a salad, roasted vegies and couscous I think.

Friday: Would you believe my gal's been requesting meatloaf? So I'll make her one.

Saturday: I've been inspired by Jamie's 30 minute meals {finally got around to watching the series I had recorded} I'm dead keen to try his lamb and pistachio kofta - actually, I think that was from Jamie at Home, nevermind, it's a Jamie Oliver recipe...

Sunday: Really? Sunday night already? I'm going to do a twist on a roast and make salmon en papillote. Yum.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like another fine week of eating in the PPMJ house! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cannot picture you doing meatloaf, but you are a good mumma to go there! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to ask my Mum to cook me meatloaf too. COld in a leftover sambo? HEAVENLY.

    All looks amazing as ever x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My other half used to be a chef - loves cooking but hated the hours - so I get breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks all prepared for me. Who is the luckiest girl alive? MEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...that garlicky chicken sounds yummo! Think I'll add it to my list too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x