Monday, August 15, 2011

wearing red for daniel

It's been hard not to be touched by the story of Daniel Morcombe who disappeared all those years ago in 2003. Thinking of his family, and what they've been through, is just heart-wrenching. Losing a family member must be indescribably difficult, but when you don't know what happened, or where they are, the pain must be magnified.

With the arrest of a person of interest, hopefully the Morcombe family are closer to closure.

In honour of Daniel's memory, the Morcombe family have called for people to wear red in his memory. After reading the call from Nikki from Styling You on Twitter I knew I'd be able to find something red.

For you, Daniel, and your family, may you finally have some peace.

7 comments:

  1. Those shoes are amazing. I too hope they find Daniel soon and know they have him again and he is lonely anymore x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been heartbreaking watching the news over the weekend. Please God may they find him soon. And thanks for the reminder to answer the call from Daniel's family. If only i had those gorgeous shoes to slip on. Oh well, will have to make do with a red scarf. Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shoes. And for such a heartfelt reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those shoes. I wore my red Doc Martin boots x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a spendid idea and wow what a pair of shoes.. My heart goes out to those poor parents and one tries to imagine what they are going through but it's impossible to feel what they are feeling. One should not outlive one's children...it just isn't right and yet we know it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when Daniel first went missing - I know the spot on the highway ... heartbreaking .. makes me hug my wee ones tight best le xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x