Monday, August 29, 2011

meal planning monday


Okay, getting organised again. Honestly, if I don't meal-plan my whole week seems to fall apart, so here we go.

Tonight: I couldn't be bothered leaving the house so we had a 'pantry meal' of potato, capsicum and chorizo tortilla. Served with a simple green salad. Yum.
Tuesday: The gal and I are taking her cousin to see the Verona Theatre Group's version of Pinocchio and getting a rather fabbo Italian meal with it. Last year this company came out and performed The Little Prince. Half in Italian, half in English - I was fully in tears. Bless.
Wednesday: I think I have to make a risotto as there is some kick-ass home-made chicken stock in my fridge that's begging to be used. Lemon chicken and haloumi risotto you think?
Thursday: My gal's last ballet lesson before her ballet exam on Saturday {why yes, it IS right after her netball grand final... BIG weekend} Best make her happy and make up a Shephard's pie for dinner.
Friday: Now, chances are that I've invited friends for dinner tonight. If so, there will be duck confit, potatoes and green beans. If not, well, why not have duck confit...
Saturday: There's a celebration at the local club for the end of the netball year. Nibbles will be available - so I'll have a curry at home in the slow cooker ready for our return.
Sunday: Roast beef. Yep, with plenty of veg - am LOVING roasted carrots and beetroot alongside my meat. You?

4 comments:

  1. That risotto sure does sound amaazzing! You've inspired me to do a risotto with a difference!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so organised. Everything sounds delicious.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your meal plans are delicious except for the duck. I am not a duck person. What is beefroot?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x