Saturday, August 06, 2011

there's no place like home...


We're home again after the most exquisite holiday ever. Thank you so much for sharing it. I loved, loved, loved every single one of your comments - sorry I couldn't respond, but I found it difficult enough squishing in time for blogging.

I learned a lot from this holiday: things I plan on taking into my everyday life.

♥ I learned that beauty really is everywhere, if you're prepared to slow down, look out for it and appreciate it.

♥ I'm in love with the French idea of the midday siesta. Every day stores would close at 12 and reopen around 2pm so the French could slowly enjoy a leisurely lunch and a rest - ready to start again, all revived and fabulous.

♥ Simple foods can be perfect. A perfectly grilled steak, a small amount of fries, and a perfectly-dressed pile of salad leaves. Yum.

♥ Booking your airline flight through a travel agent can see you with an extra 10kg luggage allowance per person. Yep, we used every gram of it {one extra suitcase!}

♥ I can quite happily get by with a lot less: television, internet, stress, food - but can also happily get by with more: shoes, rosé, champagne and sunshine.

♥ Travel really does broaden your horizons - and can help you realise just how lucky you are to come home to such a beautiful place.

9 comments:

  1. Welcome home my lovely. Just loved popping in and reading your posts while you were on holidays. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

    Hope the jet lag is kind to you all, take your time to assimilate back into good old Aus. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You need to continue to have more champagne and shoes now that you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading about your holiday. It looks like you had a fantastic time. Thank you for sharing it with us. And the best bit is that I live in the UK. I could quite easily do a holiday like this myself. And you know what I really should. Thank you for helping me to appreciate what is on my doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, thank you for sharing your wonderful holiday. I am so excited now about planning ours for next April. Keep on coming with the holiday tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, my beautiful friend. It's great to have you back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww what lovely learnings :) le xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are home safe and well. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home! It was so lovely to read about your adventures over the last few weeks.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x