Sunday, August 07, 2011

sunday suppers


Back home, back to reality. My gal and I woke at 4.30am, so we've been sitting on the couch watching Charlie and Lola and sipping a quiet cup of tea. I quite like this early morning waking scenario - I might just continue it after my jetlag is long gone...

Back to school tomorrow, so baking begins for school lunches. My gal's requested chorizo and potato tarts {easier than they sound - cut a piece of puff pastry in four, prick it, spread it with garlic olive oil and slices of potato that've been par boiled. Then add slices of chorizo, a little rosemary and bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and pop in the lunchbox.

Now, for the meals...

Sunday: I'm flying to Melbourne for a work thingy tonight. The gal and the hubby will have some soothing chicken noodle soup to ease them into the week.

Monday: Arriving home late from the airport - hubby and gal shall fend for themselves, let's hope I can find something suitable en-route.

Tuesday: Ballet again, and it's late. I think I'll cook up a roast chicken for dinner. With lots of greens in a salad. Sound okay?

Wednesday: Netball training - our last game before we play the semi-finals. Beef and cashew stirfry with noodles and lots of greens {sense a theme?}

Thursday: Oooh, it's my birthday! But as we seriously splurged on a 2 Michelin star meal in London {Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley - oh MY!} we probably won't be doing our usual Bistro Tartine birthday meal. So whatever my family cook up for me really...

Friday: BBQ steak, duck-fat potatoes and salad.

Saturday: Salmon on the bbq, with salad - lots of it.

And that'll do - a nice way to ease my way back into reality don't you think?

image: housetohome.co.uk - I think I need that Aga.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pretty kitchen/living room photo. Will try the chorizo and potato tarts, I think my kids would like them too. Welcome home xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that image - just divine - we'll be in for Sat night dinner - salmon is my fav fish :) glad all went well trip wise - ctaching up now best le xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe you're home already!
    have loved reading about your travels!
    i also do believe we share a birthday, happy times for the 11th! hope you get something delicious cooked for you!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home PPMJ! Your weekly meals are always so lovely. I'm going to your chiroz and potato tarts this week. Yum yum!

    Love that kitchen living room. Pink on the aga - how cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x