Sunday, January 04, 2009

green fingers

Wow, I feel like I haven't been in my front garden for months... probably because I haven't. We've been focussing all our attention on the backyard renovation and the poor front garden is starting to sulk. It's mid-summer here and we've had some wild weather. The last few days have been reasonably hot, and today is hot and windy, so I think that later on I'll be lavishing some care on my poor, neglected garden beds. The heat and overnight showers have ensured that many of my roses are covered in black spot, so that needs to be removed. Dead flowerheads need to be snipped off. Plus, there's a spot of weeding in one corner that really needs attending to. While I'm there I might also throw on some manure and give the garden a good soak - while talking soothingly to my plants to let them know I haven't completely forgotten them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x