Sunday, January 18, 2009

dreaming of daybeds

Last year we holidayed at Byron Bay and stayed at a fantastic house, with a pool, massive covered-deck and a daybed. There were other items of furniture in the house, but when I wasn't in the pool, I was on the daybed. I felt sorry for the next holiday renter as there would be a me-shaped indentation on the cushions that'd be pretty hard to make yourself comfy in.

Well, that daybed made me determined to have a similar item in the pavilion at the end of our pool. But it's hard to find something that's just right. Most daybeds have an asian/balinese theme, which are lovely, but not in the style of our home. We want something simple and white. Like this one we found the other day. It's from a store down by Avoca Beach in Sydney, which is a damned fine excuse for a daytrip and looks like it could fit into our home rather comfortably. Our carpenter's meant to be coming in just over a week's time to build the home for my daybed too, which has me beyond excited. 

Once the pavilion's built and the courtyard is grassed, there's only a few cosmetic things to add to make our backyard complete (trees and stuff). However, can you believe it - it's probably going to be completed in February. Yes, that would be the month we're going alcohol-free. Dammit - how am I to ring in my new backyard with a flute of soda water or a mocktail? This'll test my willpower...

4 comments:

  1. I would love that with bright, kelly green cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, apparently it comes in a range of cushion covers, I'll be interested to see what they have. I want the pool area to be as white as possible, with pale blue accents. - but I do love me a touch of kelly green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog…. It isn't easy to choosing that perfect Daybeds. It needs to be ergonomically viable and superior when it comes to comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Select the stylish Modern Daybeds india at theurbandecor.com. You'll find the best designs suitable for your home.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x