Wednesday, May 02, 2012

my night at the movies


I went to the movies with two friends last night and we caught the new Aussie film Wish You Were Here. Goodness. This psychological drama will sit with you for quite some time: it's harrowing, thought provoking and takes you on a very wild ride.

It's beautifully shot, paying homage to some gorgeous South East asian scenery, and Sydney's beautiful Tamarama - and so well cast. The plot's gripping, and causes your loyalties to waver throughout as the story weaves a magnetic web. There are some disturbing scenes, including one that brought out a phobia I thought I was well and truly over,  but I really enjoyed it.

It's raised so many issues that I'm keen to get together with my friends and discuss it again over coffee. Recommended viewing.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, I love it when someone recommends a movie to see. Have a nice day xT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good movie for me to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I really want to see this.

    Love the cast too, cant wait to take hubby to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about Aussie movies and the powerful nature of them... well, many of them. I do love a good Aussie movie though, so thank you for putting me onto this one. Hubster and I will no doubt enjoy it too. Though I am a bit of a scaredy cat so will have the cushions handy xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x