Monday, May 14, 2012

meal planning monday





Hey, you know how last week's meal-plan was all easy, peasy lemon squeezey? Well, this week's going to be even more so. See, I stepped up to umpire a netball game on Saturday after our umpires didn't show and managed to cause myself some kind of knee damage. My knee hyper-extended backwards and then just wouldn't hold my weight (surprise), so I'm on crutches, and this week's a husband-and-daughter-cooked fest. Here's what they'll be making

Monday: beef and bean nachos, with lots of guacamole and a lovely salad on the side.

Tuesday: Late ballet night. I'm going to pull a stool up to the bench and make a beef in red wine casserole. Hubby can then make some mash potatoes and green beans to serve.

Wednesday: home-made pizza and salad. I'll be hopping off to the theatre tonight - so many stairs to navigate, but hey, 30-odd years of netball-related injuries mean I'm pretty confident with crutches these days.

Thursday: Spaghetti bolognaise. Yep. Such a comfort food.

Friday: Fish and chips - from the local takeaway.

Saturday: Bbq steak and salad.

Sunday: roast chicken and veggies. Even on crutches I can manage this one. Simply cut a lemon in half and place it in the chicken's cavity, season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil and roast until golden. A family fave.

8 comments:

  1. This is all so strangely familiar... :).

    I hope you're feeling a bit better today. Silly sausage. Netball is determined to remove you of the convenience of good working knees, isn't it... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee... And yes, resting and icing is making it a lot better (ice on knees, not cupcakes sadly) x

      Delete
  2. My main meal for this week - mixed mushroom soup! Cooked it last night - suprisingly delicious. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Clarissa, and hey, lovely to hear from you again x

      Delete
  3. Ouchy? I hope you heal quickly. I think something about netball courts and you is a bad knee combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know E, I'll be sitting down from now on. But I do think it's healing, just a minor sprain rather than anything major. Silly knees.

      Delete
  4. ouch!!! hope you're feeling better soon!
    it sounds like you and netball don't mix too well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh PPMJ, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, what a shocker.
    You have done so well to get your meal plan out, given the circumstances. And it still sounds like a pretty nice line up even if it's going to be an easy peasy week.
    Rest up and take care xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x