Thursday, May 17, 2012

around my house


Hi, welcome to my house. Those of you in Newy might have seen it in last weekend's Weekender magazine, but, for those who didn't, I snapped off a few shots while it was photo ready. Here's our front veranda with gorgeous chairs positioned to sip a cup of tea and bask in the sunshine. I love this spot. Oh, and there's my bike over in the corner - it's going to help me with my knee recovery {good bike}.


Come on in. Here's my gorgeous leadlight, made by my mum and step-dad with some glass that featured in my beloved Nana's front door. I just love it. I've also kept the heart-shaped white jingle bells I bought from Sussan for Christmas {they're not really Christmassy - just fabulous}.


Here's my favourite part of our bedroom, lots of pretty things collected over the years. Dresser from an antique store in Newcastle, old mirror from Melbourne's Camberwell markets, my perfumes, make up and other bits and pieces. Oh, and I love that vintage magnolia pic we found at a random garage sale one day.


Here's my gal's room in the new French iced blue shade. As you can see there's the odd French touch in her room - somebody's inherited their mother's Francophia.


Just a tad...


It's very important to co-ordinate your Blythe doll with your bedroom decor.


Most of you have seen my big bookshelf with the ladder in my study, but I love this little one too. It's filled with many of my classic books. That bottom middle shelf has some seriously ace 1950s and 60s books for girls.


This here's our living room. We're still deciding on window coverings after the timber venetians broke beyond justifiable repair. Currently the lace curtains that used to be in our bedroom are here looking pretty. I do love the colour palette in this room, it's so soothing. This is the third shade that we've had this room since moving here. It was a bright buttercup yellow when we moved in, then we painted it rich red {looked fabulously dramatic - but better suited to a film set than a home} and now this. I love this colour. It's called April Love and is the perfect vintage green in my opinion.


This is our new love - antique french farmhouse table. It extends to seat up to 12. I'm in love. PS: why yes, that is my vintage glass collection you can spy behind it - a gal does need a glass for every kind of cocktail or aperatif...


We bought this planter holder from a lovely store in Singleton, Worn Out Wares. I am in love with these pansies and their pretty, pretty faces. This is out on the back veranda.


We had less than a week to prepare for the photoshoot, and we'd already decided to paint the verandas - but this back veranda had tester paint on it and needed a quick couple of coats. I love it. I think we're going to go with matte charcoal for the front veranda, but this really adds some light to the area.


And then there's this. I will never tire of this. The view of the pool from the daybed in the pavilion may well be my favourite thing about the house. It took so much planning, stress, and money, but oh so worth it. Every time my mother comes to visit she's like an additional part of furniture in here - I make her a coffee, she grabs a pile of magazines and relaxes in the sun. Bliss.

Well that's it for today. I've left a few things for another visit if you'd like to come back...

24 comments:

  1. Oh it looks LOVELY PPMJ x Changed a little since I sat down with you and polished off a bottle of champagne with you...surely it's time for that again now isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i do like to switch things about. But things I don't like to change are drinking champagne with fabulous friends. LET'S! I'll be down your way in the blink of an eye, let's put some bubbles on ice shall we? x

      Delete
  2. Ooooh just lovely. I wish my McMansion had picture rails. Waah. I'm loving that table too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do adore picture rails, but boy, do we go through some picture wire hanging them... Thank you, the table's just fabulous, can only imagine the history.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I'm coming around. But I might dirty stuff up a bit... and I'll probably be wearing black. Sorry about that, love. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doll, you know I don't really wear pastels - I just like to surround myself with them. And I'm happy for you to dirty stuff up - at a minimum there shall be empty champagne bottles in our wake...x

      Delete
  4. WOW PPMJ, it's gorgeous! Everything is so beautifully put together. Love your gal's Parisian room. That pool is just magnificent. Your style is so pretty. Now I just need you to redesign my place and I'll be set. I can see why it appeared in The Weekender, congrats on that also! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. so divine! so jelly right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, so warm and inviting, especially the pool, or rather sitting by the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat, sitting by the pool may well be the ultimate in relaxation - even in winter the pavilion's a sun-trap.

      Delete
  7. Loved your home - espc the lounge and poolside areas - adore! best le

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally got to read this blog & read the Weekended mag on Wednesday afternoon (busy much!!!). Love the look, such a relaxing beautiful place to live! Have loved your house for many years (since I moved into the suburb 13 yrs ago & spied it on my walks)...the internal is as gorgeous as the front external!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! BTW, we have to organise those drinks at the SurfHouse - stat (well, once things slow down a little for you) x

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. Will let you know when I have a bit of time. About to bake some Mandarin & Almond spice cakes for yummies with coffee @ shop this week.....

      Delete
  9. Just gorgeous PPMJ, what a lovely home you have. I love some of the paint shades you have on your walls. Thanks for sharing your space. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kakka, they're happy colours for me - glad you like x

      Delete
  10. I can not believe I missed this post!! Gorgeous! Look out for another email;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x