Thursday, May 03, 2012

le sigh


I know, two film reviews in two days... but I can't help it. Last night I went to an Alliance Francais screening with one of my fellow Francophile of the new Audrey Tautou film La Delicatesse. Oh my.

Before the screening we sipped on sparkling and nibbled petite croissants filled with ham and cheese. Bliss. And chatted about all things French {including my friend's DIVINE trench which she'd picked up in Paris. Oh my}.

The film itself was an absolute delight. Really sweet, with a lovely storyline and the ultimate shot of the Eiffel Tower {from a bridge, at night, in lights!} The soundtrack was provided by my favourite chanteuse Emilie Simon - and I shall be treating myself to that today. Oh yes I will.

Of course it's made me want to return to Paris. Everything makes me want to return to Paris. If you're a lover of all things French, Audrey Tautou or you just enjoy a really sweet story then I think you need to see this. There's some gorgeously understated acting - performed with just minimal facial expressions, or even with a bodily stance - very smart.

C'est tres jolie.

7 comments:

  1. You have been a busy girl, I love a romantic comedy and this one sounds delicious! xT

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, so charming - or should I say, tres tres charmant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, sounds totally perfect... the night out AND the film! Thank you for the review, I will add this to the list also. You're quite the Margaret Pomeranz this week PPMJ xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going on my list to see. Audrey Tatou is lovely. She makes me want to be all French and charming and winsome. It'll never happen but at least I can watch Amelie over and over and pretend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good, I want to go and see it. Maybe this w/e.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I want to see this -- hope it comes around to my local cinema soon... Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x