Monday, May 28, 2012

meal planning monday



Ah, I'm feeling lazy and nostalgic this week, so the meal plan shall reflect that. Last week's meal from my vintage cookbook was a huge success, so I'll be trying out another old family favourite from my youth on my family this week. Finger's crossed it'll be well-received. I've got a few busy nights and days this week, which is where meal planning saves my sanity. Here's what we're eating.

Monday: roasted pumpkin soup. This is so easy: in a baking tray I add chunks of pumpkin, a quartered onion and a few cloves of garlic and roast till tender (but not browned). Then I add it to a pan, throw in a litre of so of chicken stock, some thyme and salt and pepper and blitz it with a stick blender. Dinner is served. With warm, crusty rolls and maybe a dollop of sour cream on top - and a few chopped chives.

Tuesday: here's the retro-meal, Tuna Noodle Casserole. So simple, and, from memory, so tasty. Let's see how it goes down.

Wednesday: netball training till 5.30, so I need something quick I can throw together when I get home. it must be time for chicken pot pies. These are so simple to make, and so delicious that they make my heart sing. I'll serve them with mash and big pile of peas. Comfort food to a tee. I'll make the filling earlier in the morning, and then simply throw them together when I get home. Perfect.

Thursday: I'm off to a meeting, then dinner with a friend. We're checking out a Sudanese night a few suburbs over - $10 for curries and rice. Brilliant. My husband and daughter can make home-made pizzas for their dinner.

Friday: my gal has netball early in the morning, so I'll make her a meatloaf for energy. Served with lots of roasted veg: potatoes, sweet potato, beetroot, carrots and pumpkin. And green beans perhaps.

Saturday: it's got to be a bbq doesn't it? Lamb do you think? Lamb chump chops, salad and a pile of buttered noodles? Yep, that sounds good.

Sunday: Roast beef I think. Haven't had that for a while. It must be time I think. With a lovely red wine gravy made with the pan juices.

How about you? What's on your menu this week?

6 comments:

  1. I think I will come to dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. It georgie - I dont have any of the other id things - I have Billycart champers you know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the sound of sudanese cuisine.. I am boring as usual, eating a two bean minestrone throughout the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great protein though Clarissa! I've yet to try Sudanese, love giving something different a shot. Apparently it's on the spicy side though - so might sneak some yoghurt in!

      Delete
  4. Lovely meal plan despite the lazy feelings PPMJ. Must say, that roasted pumpkin soup sounds pretty darn appealing, to this non-soup eating gal. I think even I would like that one.
    So far my only meals on the plan this week were meatballs & pasta tonight; Singapore noodles with chicken tomorrow and maybe lamb or fish wraps the next night. Nothing fancy here xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x