Wednesday, June 09, 2010

who's your audience?

I love to take the phrase, "Life's not a dress rehearsal" and run with it. Why live life tentatively and not to its fullest? So following on from that it's best to ask "Who's your audience?"

When you do something, anything, who are you doing it for? To impress some random passer-by? To make your friends' envious, to live up to an ideal? Or for yourself and your loved-ones? When you clean and tidy your house who's it for? When you dress who are you dressing for?

Let's make our audience an appreciative one. An audience that understands what we're trying to achieve and says "Bravo" to our attempts. An audience that sees beyond the superficial and gets where we're coming from.

And while we're at it, let's make it an audience that isn't afraid to rock up in a cool costume and get involved in a little bit of audience participation. I reckon we could all do with a Rocky Horror audience in our lives don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! I think i'm my biggest audience, because i'm certainly my biggest critic, haha!
    One of the best things about getting older is that you don't care much what other people think. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I had an incident a few years ago that made me question who my friends were and why I did the things I did. It was a bit on an epiphany and I completely changed my focus.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x