Monday, June 07, 2010

the triumphant return of sandy b

In five years time there won't be weepy, tragic magazine covers featuring Sandra Bullock bemoaning her lost love, or pairing her with co-stars {um, Jennifer Aniston, that side-eye is facing your direction}. After such a poopy experience Sandra's handled herself so well. Here she is last night in her first official appearance - looking smoking hot {Her hair! Her cheeks! Her frock!} and here's what she had to say. Bless. "Let's be honest here, just for a moment. We're all going to be honest, right? Did I win this for being entertainer of the year, or did I win this because of the spectacular I.E.D. [improvised explosive device] explosion that became my personal life?! No, it's okay. Because I would do it over again if it was to entertain our troops , and our extraordinary troops deserve something much more than some actress in a tight dress talking about herself."


12 comments:

  1. *sigh* Isn't she great? I love her. I wish her well. She will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd have the update. Came straight here on my decaf tea break. Yup. It's that bad here. Decaf tea!

    *clears throat* Anyways. Love, love, love Sandra B. I want to be her when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Jodie, just adore her. She's handling this so magnificently - I'd be curled up in a ball in the corner for years.

    No, Melissa - not decaf!! And of course I have to share the latest with my gals x

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were a hollywood star I think I would be her. I LOVE honesty. And I love her a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched her speech {over at eonline.com} where she was introduced by RDJ - i know, two of my faves in one setting. I'm now more in love with her than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is all class and does not ignore the elephant in the room.

    Also love Dlisted. I want to come back as a bitchy gay male in my next life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly RR - she'd walk on up, slap that elephant on the rump and say "This elephant..."

    Michael K is my idol - adore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She rocks! {Loving her darker hair too!} X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra B is like the female Matt Damon of Hollywood. I act therefore I act (now, please leave me alone Mr Photographer Man). Awful that her personal life went so pear-shaped, unlike her rocking hot body.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My God I love this woman more than anything else at the moment (especially after watching The Blind Side and Miss Congeniality on the weekend) - she certainly says it like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am completely in love with her!! Such a class act. I'm with Melissa, I want to be her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so with you on the Jennifer Aniston thing - get over it already and get on with a life filled with more than yoga and how hot your body is. As for Sandy, they don't come any classier.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x