Tuesday, June 22, 2010

musical motivation

Well, I've done it. 1200 words written and ready for editing. For these words I'd like to thank my muse. Pixies, you and your kick-butt music have managed to help me achieve what I thought was impossible. Thank you for Debaser, Monkey's Gone To Heaven, Wave of Mutilation and so many other pieces of musical genius.

Do you have a band that are guaranteed to help extricate annoying songs such as Sea of Love from your head when all else fails? Music that gets the house cleaner than a visit from Mr Sheen? Or tunes that get you in the mood for a fab night out?

Please share...

9 comments:

  1. You're on fire today, love! The Killers do it for me at the mome, but there have been countless others over the years. Comfy stand-by is always Cold Chisel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, love the Killers... Mmmm, Brandon Flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing gets me revved up like a bit of Van Halen. Yes, I am a sad, sad person! 1200 words, hey?! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am more of a Ben Lee kinda gal when I need motivation. Awake is the New Sleep helps me through the sleep deprivation :)

    Sorry, I had a weird typo in this message so I reposted.

    Love your blog BTW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh so many depending on the mood. Lily Allen is a favourite at the moment while I'm cooking.

    Nothing gets me ready for a night out like Nirvana (old grunge girl here).

    Confession time, when I'm home, kids are in bed and I'm on my own, '70s Elton John and a glass of wine does tend to make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning is Michael Jackson or Stevie Wonder. Or maybe even a bit of Madelaine Peyroux.

    All other occasions at the moment call for Sia. She's my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh a Pixies lover - I LOVE the Pixies. High Five!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pixies rule. You have great taste.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x