Monday, June 14, 2010

shoe business

I may have mentioned before that I don't do boots - haven't done them since my Doc Martins died a very slow and horrible death in my mid-twenties. Since then I've just been a shoe gal. However, if I could justify the expense, these would change my mind. Pretty! The zip, the ruching, the baby-soft leather - oh my!

Now, let's not discuss the Australia vs Germany match that I woke at 4.30am to watch with hubby. Man, I knew Germany would have to win, but c'mon - that was a shocker. And that red card for Tim Cahill? Poor poppet, his world cup dreams are now shattered that he's out for the next two matches. Boo hoo. Let's hope we can get back on track in six days time.

Long weekend Monday today and husbands playing in a golf comp, gal and I have just finished our omelettes and I have two articles due. I know - public holiday {generally speaking journalists don't really get public holidays - just a longer annual holiday}. They're virtually done, just need editing and tweaking so shouldn't take long. Gal's off for a playdate at 1pm and then I'm hoping to do a little in the garden. My darling husband spent ages yesterday dividing the irises and moving them to more suitable locations so now we have some plants to give to our friends whose garden just needs a few spots filled in.

Oh, and did I tell you about our delicious afternoon tea on Saturday {HUNGER SPOILER ALERT}. French cheese, blueberry cupcakes topped with whipped cream, raspberries and crushed meringues {just like Eton Mess - mmmmm} and a superb flourless chocolate cake served with mascapone that had an espresso shot and coffee liquer stirred through. Perfection.

Best get on with it. Tell me about your long weekend. I'm dying to hear about all the relaxation and quaffing that went on...

1 comment:

  1. Even though the Queen in British we don't get a long weekend here in the UK! But I guess we've had two long weekends in May so shouldn't really complain.
    Also, no getting up stupidly early in the morning to watch the World Cup over here (even though I'm only interesting in the England games). South Africa is in the same time zone to us (I think) so it's on at a reasonable hour!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x