Thursday, June 24, 2010

a day of firsts

Wow, so Australia officially has its first female Prime Minister. {And she's a redhead* - squeee}. No ballot apparently, Rudd just stepped aside. She's a brave woman stepping up to this position - let's see what it does to the political landscape.

In other news, I woke incredibly early to check out Australia play Serbia and boy, did our Socceroos redeem themselves. What a game. We won 2 - 1, but sadly didn't progress to the next stage. There was some beautiful football on that field - so good I even managed to ignore the mosquito-esque Vuvu's blowing all the way through the match.

It's a pretty good day to be an Aussie I do believe.
{* regular readers will of course be familiar with my love of red hair - that's why I'm pointing it out, because I'm doubly excited, woman + redhead = fabulous.}

5 comments:

  1. Yay, a proud day for the Fanta Pants of Australia. I'm fully expecting a new disability pension to be introduced for all the bashed up gingers of Oz. Oh, and she's a woman. Which must mean she's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up on all your great posts of the last week.

    A wonderful day for Australia!

    I feel sad for Kevin, but am so happy for Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to have a XX representing our country. I hope she does us proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just caught up on everything on your blog and I must say that your new official looks a tad Jodi Foster-ish in this pic. In fact, at first, I thought we were going to be discussing her. Maybe I've had too much cough syrup already today....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she remains as cool, calm and collected as she was yesterday, doesn't stoop to meet Abbott's crumminess and retains her wonderful sense of humour! And wins the next election of course!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x