Friday, November 18, 2011

yes, you shall go to the ball


I'm a wee bit excited as tonight I'm off to a ball. Yep, frocking up, taking the Manolos from their box - foofing up my hair and dancing the night away with friends.

Good times.

I wish I were wearing a bunny mask like Candace Bergen at Truman Capote's infamous black and white ball {if I could time travel, I'd go there, and then stop by the Algonquin round table - and to check out Hemmingway in Paris - seriously, how sexy was that man in Midnight In Paris...}

Shall try to sneak off some shots - it's at Fort Scratchley in Newcastle, a place I've never been - but it should be M.A.G.N. I. F. I. C. E. N. T. Love a good location. I've spoken before about how the atmosphere when you first arrive at an event has to offer something special - and I'm pretty sure that tonight it will.

6 comments:

  1. Plssss take some pretty pictures tonight.

    If only you had seen my floral headpiece earlier, I would have posted it up for the occassion.

    Have a great night.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds amazing, very jealous. Have heard a lot of good things about this venue, look forward to hearing what you think. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you will have a fabulous time. Outfit pic please! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo how exciting! Hope your dancing the night away as I type this :o)
    And pleeeeease show us a pic of your dress... and your manolo's and your foofie hair. Love big night out pics xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a driver :) le xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely for you. Many years ago when I was young we often went to a ball of some kind and I remember how exciting it was getting all dressed up and looking forward to the night with great anticipation. Of course we were single then and often went with a different beau but it was just so wonderful. Look forward to hearing all about it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x