Thursday, November 03, 2011

going small


This Christmas, as much as possible, I'm going to shop small and local. The Olive Tree Markets are on this weekend and I'm planning on buying as many pressies as possible there. I've already bought some fabulous hand-made Christmas cards from their last market, and I need to buy a few little bits and pieces for kids.

What I can't find locally I'm hoping to find on Etsy, or at some cool local stores such as Betty Mim or Blackbird Corner on Darby Street - and, of course, Greg & Audrey's Garage {for moi!}.

Where possible I'm avoiding the shopping centre - makes me shudder.

How about you?

5 comments:

  1. When Lil was 2 months I did 100% of my Christmas shopping in the main street near my house. I put her in the Baby Bjorn and did it all in one afternoon.

    I was nice and easy and great to support the local shops.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely. I love markets like this. I should maker the same pledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you. That and re-gifting, upcycled gifts and hand made too. Are you a Newcastle girl??? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a very good idea! The economy is so bad right now and little local businesses are suffering badly. I'm broke so everyone is getting a handmade gift!
    Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall be doing as much as possible of my Christmas shopping at Olive Tree too, although it's really tricky to find stuff for boys when all they want are things that play games or music. I may well point my hubby to Greg and Audrey's...!
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x