Tuesday, April 19, 2011

a royal sapphire

Hey, you know how I'm going to a Royal Wedding party at the end of the month? Well, I've created a cocktail in its honour. A Royal Sapphire. First of all I'll dip the martini glass in egg white and then put a sparkling rim of caster sugar around the edge {you know, like diamonds}. Then I'll combine this deep blue liqueur I saw the other day {deeper than curacao - not sure what it's called}, some Gin {probably Hendricks - that's royal}, a splash of lemon and top it up with champagne.

It's just like Kate's engagement ring! I KNOW!

Seriously, I should take a patent out on that - how freakin' awesome does it sound? Feel free to make one yourself. Cheers.

7 comments:

  1. You're a cocktail designing genius! If I understand you correctly (where's Mercury again!!):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't in the family way I'd be downing one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just call you Brian Flanaghan. Wasn't that Tom Crusie's guy in Cocktail? If it wasn't, I'll look like a right nutter, huh? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals - now I just need to buy some of that special blue ingredient and I'm set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may need these martini glasses and this cocktail. At least 6 of each. I'm sure I'll be lucid by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely martini glass. It instantly reminded me on how my boyfriend proposed to me. He gave me a sapphire ring in a martini glass, when I saw it he immediately kneel down and ask me to marry him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's an amazing cocktail glass. It's a piece of jewelry itself. I bet those sapphires will make good engagement rings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x