Sunday, April 17, 2011

hand-sewn book covers



Excuse me for a second while I fan myself - have you seen the hand-sewn covers of Penguin classics? Beautiful. Just so beautiful. Three classics: Emma, Black Beauty and The Secret Garden will be released with these gorgeous limited edition covers designed by artist Jillian Tamaki. They're released in the US in fall 2011, and I plan on being first in-line, on-line to buy one. Go here to find out more.

Oh, if I owned one of these beauties I would pet it, I would love it, I would name it George {wait, that could be confusing for Emma - let's just say there'll be a lot of petting and loving...}

I would, once again, like to thank The Fug Girls for bringing such fabulousness to my attention - seriously, is there anything they can't do?

6 comments:

  1. WOW, that is a seriously gorgeous book cover! Might be adding that to my Mother's Day wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! I am going to look those up right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty of fanning of myself going on over here too. This is beautiful. And one of my all time favourite books. Where would one get one of these beauties?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I saw these yesterday on Go Fug Yourself. I NEED one! I've already got Emma and Black Beauty, but I think they would make a gorgeous gift for my 12 year old niece. I might get the Secret Garden as well, it's the only one of the three I don't own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacki - I think we all will be!

    Kim, let me know where they're stocked in Aus - or online!

    Melissa (SCI) I will find out and I will let you know.

    Melissa, I realised the other day that I have three copies of Little Women, so surely it won't hurt me to have two of each of these. Surely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. am in love too .... plus I love your writing - too funny clever cute and girlie smart to walk away from :) best le xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x