Saturday, February 05, 2011

room for improvement



So, we're getting new couches soon. Woo hoo. So grown up! At the moment we've got a two seater couch that was just perfect for our teeny one bedroom apartment we started out in - but too small for this living room and our family. And a cane day bed that we're going to paint and pop in the pavillion by the pool. So we've bought two, pale french blue two and a half seater couches {long enough for me to stretch out and lay down on, and just a teensy bit shorter than a three seater. Perfect!}. They match perfectly with a Laura Ashley rug we bought on sale yonks ago - when we were thinking about buying a charcoal couch - so that's serendipitious. Now we just need colour.

I'd love some vintage french style cushions in grey and taupe - but I also need a pop of colour on there. Pale blue and cherry red are one of my fave colour combos - so I've been searching the net trying to find a suitable cushion.

Guess what? I found one in my own neighbourhood.

Driving home from Sydney last night I drove past one of my fave shops, Shabby Shelia's in Hamilton. Guess what's in the window? Big, plump white cushions with cherry red blowsy roses on them - just what I'd had in my head. We're off to check them out today. Now, just to count down the three weeks or so till we get the new couches!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely, and those cushions sound divine - can't wait to see photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, sounds lovely! Post pics when you're ready! Also, how PRETTY is that room in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am an avid Shabby Shiela's fan/visitor/customer/almost need to take out a second mortgage to fund my addiction! The cushions sound devine & perfect for your new couch. I am keen for an overstuffed, white denim slip cover, aka Rachel Ashwell-style lounge, just waiting for Miss 17 months to age a little!! PS Thoroughly enjoy your blog- thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun when you find a missing puzzle piece! Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love it when it all comes together like that. Love pale blue and red too. Yummy! Love to see some pics once it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How super exciting .... I dream of getting new couches. And those cushions sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x