Monday, March 05, 2012

meal planning monday


Oooh, really, it's monday night? Today's flown by! I have my vegetarian parents up this week, so there's a lot of vego meals on the menu. Here's what we're eating:

Monday: tonight we made home-made pizza. Fresh tomato and basil sauce, slices of pumpkin roasted with thyme, pine nuts, caramelised onion with a dash or raspberry vinegar to finish it off - and a little freshly grated cheddar over top. Yum.

Tuesday: Mum and I are off to an early movie to check out My Week With Marilyn. So we'll grab a late dinner on Darby Street. The rest of the family will have to fend for themselves. They might make pasta with fresh pesto - seriously, I have A LOT of basil in the garden.

Wednesday: I'm off to meet up with some Newy bloggers. Yay. There shall be tapas, double yay!

Thursday: Might have to make a spinach and feta pie with a carrot salad don't you think?

Friday: We're going out to dinner - a Vietnamese place that offers loads of vegetarian options.

Saturday: Picnic dinner while we watch Shakespeare in the Park. Nice. To eat? Lotsa cheeses, baguettes, salad and fruits. No wine :(

Sunday: Roasted vegies for the vegetarians, with haloumi. For the non-vegos I'll do some lamb on the bbq.

Monday: Last night for my parentals. I might make a chickpea curry and indian bread for dinner.

How about you? What's on your menu? Share?

8 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your lots of basil! I have two little seedlings that are growing away slowly but surely.

    Monday: I am eating eggplant lasagne right now.
    Tuesday: Tofu stir fry with homemade satay sauce
    Wednesday: Spag Bol
    Thursday: Tacos - some with leftover spag bol and some vegetarian (a beans and tomato thing)
    Friday: Homemade pizza
    Saturday: Homemade chicken burgers.

    That's the plan anyway. Inevitable one or more days end up with me approaching my husband saying "Wellllll... I can't be bothered cooking. What are we going to do?" :D

    Happy dinnering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenny, my one punnet of basil has turned into a jungle over summer - it's delish! Loving the sound of your eggplant lasagne.

      Delete
  2. Hi PPMJ, Enjoy the parent visit. Sounds like a fun week.
    Mon: Thai red curry, with chicken, b'nut pumpkin, onion & broccoli, served with Jasmine rice.
    Tues: Chorizio & cherry tomato pasta
    Wed: My baby brother's birthday, so the whole family is having dinner down at Merewether Beach, he asked us to just bring kids, swimwear & presents...he & his lovely lady will do the rest...yay!
    Thur: Homemade pizza - vege...caramelised onion & whatever else I can find.
    Fri: Fish & lovely green salad...I have loads of basil too...fish depends on what looks good at the co-op.
    Sat: Dh's turn to cook....it'll be a surprise
    Sun: Maybe lasagne....have loads of home-made passata, goes so well in lasagne!

    That's us for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, your week sounds delish. Here's hoping you get a lovely night for your brother's b'day - what a great birthday celebration!

      Delete
  3. Oh I LOVE this week's meal plan PPMJ! I'll take a seat at your table if there are leftovers. That pizza sounds unreal. Being a big vego fan, this selection has appealed to me greatly. Enjoy your week of fun and catching up xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I must say, we don't eat vego often enough (as I was vegetarian for 20 years before eating meat again...) Must do it more.

      Delete
  4. Yum! And a bloggers meet! How fun!
    Me? Well it's easy meals around here this week.
    Tues - Snags and salad
    Wed - chicken something. I have two chicken breasts and no inspiration
    Thurs Spag bol
    Fri - homemade pizzas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x