Sunday, October 30, 2011

sunday suppers


This little baby's getting a workout today. We're making black velvet cake to create little ghost and Jack O'Lantern cake pops cake eyeballs {change of plans, couldn't find lollipop sticks to make cake pops} to take to the Halloween party tomorrow night. I'll have to take some photos to show you how they go - even if they're a bit crappy they'll still be fun.

I also have to dye my hair - jury duty gave me an extra thick layer of grey regrowth. Then I'll have to shop for ingredients. I did a shop last Sunday and had all the food I needed for the week of jury duty - made life a lot easier.

Here's what we're eating tonight:

Sunday: Roasted rack of pork, roast potatoes, roast pumpkin and cauliflower gratin.

Monday: Halloween party: we're taking Dead Man's Bones - slow roasted pork and lamb ribs. I'll marinate them in a bbq sauce, tomato sauce, herb and red wine mixture and slowly roast them in a low oven so they're tender and melty. All the parents are taking a hot dish to share for dinner, so there should be some yummy food. Love a bring-a-plate-dinner.

Tuesday: We have a parent's orientation night at my daughter's high school for next year {eep!} Spinach and feta pie with salad

Wednesday: Steak with pink peppercorn sauce {I brought back some pink peppercorns from Provence, am dying to use them} with salad - our vegie garden's totally going OFF.

Thursday: Rosé chicken, rice salad and steamed greens.

Friday: Salmon on the bbq with a salad.

Saturday: Lamb kebabs on the bbq, with a couscous salad.

And that's all folks. What are you eating?

3 comments:

  1. high school......*le sigh*
    i found that so much harder than when any of mine started primary school.
    my eldest is nearly at the end of his first year of high school.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo another yummy week of meals. So wonderful you get to cook with fresh vegies from your own garden!
    I only wish I knew what we were eating this week, I have no plan at all :o/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap.
    Spinach & Feta pie on the menu here this week too, and couscous salad (but with lamb cutlets).

    Enjoy dead mans bones!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x