Thursday, October 20, 2011

happy 40th Willy Wonka


To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the movie, some of the cast of Wily Wonka and the Chocolate Factory rocked out. Here's, from left to right, Mike TeeVee, Violet Beauregard, the Director (Mel Stuart) Veruca Salt and an Oompa Loompa.

I lost count of how many time I watched this as a kidlet, and my daughter watched it for the first time last weekend. The sheer simplicity of this film still resonates strongly - and there are some killer lines that I still find myself using {I said 'good day' Sir! I said 'Good Day'} I love how 40 years hasn't dimmed these familiar faces - if Mike TeeVee were wearing a cowboy hat you'd recognise him straight away.

Bless.

5 comments:

  1. Certainly one of my all time favourites. Everytime I watch it the magic I felt as a kid when Charlie peeled back those chocolate bars comes back. I even went out of my way to eat Cadbury Furry Friends just because they had a silver wrapper and you could peel them back just like Charlie! Thanks for the trip down memory lane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this movie too,. The times I wished I go to the chocolate room or try fizzy lifting drink.

    I can't believe it's 40 years old. Gene Wilder was a brilliant Willy Wonka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Didn't grow up to be a pretty bunch, did they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hubby and I STILL get a thrill out of watching this one. It is a classic that is for sure. Love the lines, like most kids movies, they've been put there for the adults and only on viewing them AS an adult, do we realise just how funny they are! It is always being replayed on Fox and we were only just saying the other day how we can't wait for the boys to see it. I think our almost Mr4 is just about the right age to be introduced. Great pic of those old favourites... forty years! WOWZERS! :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those ladies look amazing!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x