Monday, October 10, 2011

meal planning monday


Back to school - woooooo hoooooooooooooo! And don't worry, it's not just me doing a happy dance - it's my school-loving gal too. To celebrate, let's eat well this week shall we?

Monday: I've got some dory fillets that are begging to be served with oven fries and a green salad.

Tuesday: Ballet's back: so I should do pickled pork with mash, leftover cauliflower gratin from Sunday's roast dinner and wilted greens.

Wednesday: I have a big jar of fresh chicken stock thanks to Sunday night's roast chicken dinner {seriously, simmering the leftover chicken with onions, carrots and herbs for two hours results in the most amazing stock} so I'd best make a risotto. Chicken and crispy pancetta perhaps.

Thursday: Another night of late ballet - followed by tennis shoe shopping. Dinner at the shopping mall {I'm going to plug for Charlestown so I can see dumplings in my future}

Friday: My gal's been asking for salmon patties - best oblige. So simple, so healthy, so tasty.

Saturday: I really am going to bring out the bbq this weekend - I swear. Steaks - big, fat juicy ones and lotsa salad.

Sunday: Roast lamb this week, with the usual vegie suspects.

8 comments:

  1. I tired a great recipe on Sat night I pulled out of Yen magazine. It was baked prawns and brocilli seasoned with cumin seeds, corriander seeds and chilli flakes served on basmati. It was noms, cheap, quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that sounds amazing. I'll have to find that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, that all sounds so yummy. I'm a dumpling fiend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try my Thai salsa with you steaks. Will blog this later in the week. Its to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant wait to try this! thank you for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously ... the meals you do are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to cook fish more often, but I'm a bit scared of it. How do you cook your dory? Thank!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, you're a ballet mum too!! Awesome, I KNEW I liked you x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x