Monday, October 03, 2011

meal-planning monday


People, this weather's driving me slightly loopy. Best laid plans are waylaid by outrageous amounts of rain and wind. Grrrrr. So this week's menu won't be featuring a spring-theme - more like beating off the cold meals.

Monday: Shephard's pie, roasted veg and greeens

Tuesday: My gal's at her grandparents for a couple of days, so just hubby and me. Steak and veg/salad will do.

Wednesday: Hubby and I are off to see Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris - woo hoo! Guess whether I'll walk out planning our next trip... We might just have to have a late dinner at the new Japanese spot that's opened next door to the cinema in King Street.

Thursday: Hubby's off to pick up our gal, so I'll have one of her faves planned for when she gets home: chicken pot pie with mash and steamed greens.

Friday: I might try cooking up sole goujons, with oven baked fries and a salad as my gal has a friend over for a sleepover. We might make some ice-cream for pudding.

Saturday: We're off with a bunch of friends to check out another friends' gorgeous new home. I've only seen it on-line and fell in love with it, so can't wait to see what it looks like with all their fabulous things adding personality.

Sunday: Seven hour roast lamb on french lentils with roasted vegies will round out the week nicely don't you think? I'll also have to get cooking to have some lunchbox treats ready for school again!

3 comments:

  1. My two boys are away for THE WHOLE WEEK, so meal planning is out the window this week. But, I will think about dinner for Hoges and I.

    Tonight I am working from 4pm, so I will pull out a left over butter chicken and dhal and rice from the freezer for him. Tuesday night and we will go out to dinner at Arc of Iris for duck and bottle of Pinot Noir from the Mornington Pennisular. Wednesday night I work again from 4pm , so it will be another left over from the freezer, this time lasagne (I am so pleased I freeze single portion meals!). Thursday night and it's off to Wino's for tapas and wine on a double date! Friday we will spend at home where I will serve up dry aged sirloins with peppercorn jus, steamed brocolli and beans and scallop potatoes, served with a big Margaret River Cabernet.

    And I have no idea what we will eat on the weekend when the boys get back. But I have all week to think about that!

    You menu sounds good. Can you post a picture of your Friday sole goujons?
    Have a fabulous week!

    Nic xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your week sounds pretty impressive {particularly that duck and pinot meal - yum!}

    I'll snap off a shot of the goujons for you too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary and garlic lamb chops tonight with salad and corn on the cob! That's as far as I've got for the week ;( Midnight in Paris is AMAZING!!! You'll love it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x