Tuesday, May 31, 2011

washed out

I feel like I'm in an episode of Hoarders at the moment. Except instead of 'just-in-case' stuff, I'm at risk of being crushed to death by mountains of laundry - dirty and clean...

When it rains, and rains, and rains, and you're busy, busy, busy, things tend to fall by the wayside. This week, in this neck of the woods, it's the laundry. Oh yeah, I've been doing the 'sniff-test' with monotonous regularity. Eeek! And looking at the weather forecast for the next week I can't see that pile diminishing, well, not without the drying running 24/7 which just isn't an option.

I know I'm not alone though, gee, we're only a household of three! Please tell me that you also have a washing pile that sniggers at you every time you walk by it...

6 comments:

  1. Yes and there's only one of me here! And it actually hasn't been raining. Just pouring with work :) It's quite unsettling not getting the washing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was me last week, drowing in washing. Luckily we've just had 2 sunny days here in Melbs, so I am now up to date. I know it won't last, but I'm enjoying having empty baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes! Our house is like a little chinese laundry at the moment. We are up to our elbows in clothes wet and dry...eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kerry, I feel your pain!

    TheRyhythmMethod, I envy you your sunny days, we've had sunny snippets - and that's it.

    1000 Homes, I don't have any indoor laundry thingies at the moment, clothing draped over furniture it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on load #3 (for today) as we speak...and the pile just keeps growing. We finally have some sun so hopefully this will cut down on the dryer running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admitted somewhere on the interwebs that we have a clean washing lounge.

    No one can sit there it is just reserved for the clean washing, some folded, some notm It's my goal to be able to sit on that lounge one day without the clothes surrounding me.

    I hope you get good weather again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x