Sunday, May 22, 2011

sunday suppers

My meal-plan flew out the window a few times last week, so we'll see how we go this week. Although I'm pleased I ran out of time last night and had to make pizza - otherwise I wouldn't have discovered that my local Coles has authentic Italian parma ham - the real soft, delicious stuff. I'm going back to stock up today. Here's what we're eating this week:
Today: My in-laws are coming for lunch so I'm buying some crusty bread and poaching up a few chicken breasts to slice. Then I'll just put out platters with salad leaves, sliced tomatoes, strips of cucumber, avocado with lime and a few other bits and bobs. For dinner we're having slow roasted butterflied leg of lamb on french lentils.
Monday: Salmon patties, green beans with almonds, roasted pumpkin and sweet potato.
Tuesday: Late night ballet lesson. Pork chops with garlic wilted spinach, mashed pumpkin and steamed broccolini.
Wednesday: Netball training. I didn't get around to pea and ham soup in the slow cooker last week - forgot to soak the split peas. This week for sure.
Thursday: Late ballet again. Chicken and parma ham meatballs with buttered pasta with brocolli and garlic breadcrumbs.
Friday: Hubby and I off to dinner with friends - my in-laws babysitting the gal at our house. I'll make them up a pot of chicken noodle soup.
Saturday: I'm out with my uni friends again - woo, hoo, HOOO. I'm so glad to have rediscovered these guys again - thank you Facebook. Hubby and child can make themselves pizzas.
Sunday: Oooh, roast chicken don't you think? Lots of roasted vegies including a few different seasonal ones - have you tried purple carrots yet? They're AWESOME!

Now, to make a shopping list and get ready!

6 comments:

  1. i love your menu plan...it all sounds very nice. I am a big fan of the du puy lentils, i like to have them with lamb shanks, they go perfectly!

    Enjoy your lunch today

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, your meals sound so posh! And they are making my stomach rumble. Puts my steak and vege, tacos and sweet potato pasta weekly menu to shame. Sigh. I missed out on the foodie gene ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night we had roasted chicken wings with beautiful roast vegies - carrot, sweet potato, onion, red capsicum, tomatoes with some herbs and then a drizzle of red wine vinegar and lemon at the end. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum!! Love your menus. Yep, have tried purple carrots and they are great. Such fun though not so good in a chicken vegie stir fry. The chicken turned a nice purpley colour. Not all that appetising;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gill, lentils and lamb are my fave combination too.

    Leanne, tragically I think I got an overload of the foodie gene...

    Oooh Kakka, that sounds DELISH!

    I know Kim, those purple carrots 'bleed' like beetroot don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I hadn't read your blog before! I love it! Your meal plan sounds delicious and much more ambitious than mine, although now that I have stopped week night bootcamps for a while I will have more time to cook in the evenings without distraction. I even made a quiche from scratch on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x