Friday, May 20, 2011

flowers for friday

Today's flowers, to add a touch of pretty to your day, are lilacs. Can you smell them from here? Yet another cold-area flower I adore {sometimes I think I'm living in the wrong climate - but perhaps I live here so I can appreciate them more?}. Lilacs remind me of walking down the main street of Berrima in the Southern Highlands, and excitedly reaching over to sniff every blossom on every tree. They come in such an amazing range of colours, but my favourite's this one - a purple with a tinge of pink that just whispers lilac.

Do you have a list of fave fleurs? Here's mine:
♥ Peonies
♥ Roses {scented only need apply}
♥ Violets
♥ Lilacs
♥ Lavender
♥ Violas
♥ Pansies
♥ Love in a mist
♥ Scabiosa {ugly name - pretty flower}
♥ Wisteria
♥ Lily of the Valley
♥ Stocks
♥ Snapdragons
♥ Parrot tulips
♥ Gardenias
♥ Hyacinths...

And I'm sure there are a few others I've forgotten. Many of these are growing in our garden, making my heart sing every time I step out the front. How about you? Tell me yours...

7 comments:

  1. Frangipani
    Roses - scented
    Pansies
    Violas
    Sweet peas
    Robin Gordon Grevilleas
    Lavender
    Wisteria - including the native one as well

    and most of these I have in my garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardenias for sure. And sweetpeas.
    have a terrific weekend ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freesias
    Gardenias
    Daphne
    Roses
    Lilacs
    Hyacinths
    Hydrangeas
    Lavender
    Wisteria
    Sweet peas
    Frangapani

    Hmmmm... are you noticing a pattern? I love flowers for fragrance too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the above too, though you can add sweet peas and dahlias to the list, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My list changes with my moods. At the moment I'm all about

    lilac
    wisteria
    lavender
    gardenia
    hydrangea
    peonies
    sweet pea
    freesia
    violet

    Very into soft purples at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for reminding me to buy fresh flowers. I used to buy them for a reason, and now I think I need them again.

    lavender is beautiful.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girls, I knew this would happen - that I'd find some I'd left off my list. Sweet peas - how could I???!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x