Thursday, July 03, 2008

timely

I can't quite remember what it was like to have all the time in the world, but I'm pretty sure that when I did, annoying, urgent tasks didn't pop up constantly. Now, we're going on a week's holiday tomorrow morning and I before we do I have to:
1. Finish one more article (sent one off this morning - yay!)
2. Organise interviews and do the research for another article that's due the day after we return
3. Pack my bag
4. Wash a load of dark clothes to take on holiday
5. Take up my new tracksuit pants that were obviously designed for stilt walkers
6. Tidy the house so my house-sitter doesn't drown in squalor
7. Pay rego on the car
8. Go shopping to buy bits and pieces for holiday (cereal, crackers, etc)
9. Take down the damned fairy lights
10. Take out the recycling and rubbish
11. Pop casserole in slow cooker
12. Pick up my hideously expensive toner cartridge from refilling place

Pretty comprehensive non? 

Well today as I walked out the door on the way to the mechanics to get my pink slip I noticed that the wind had blown a third of my jasmine from the fence. Great. Now, my jasmine spans about 5 metres and is about a metre thick and covered in teeny red buds - it's not going to be easy or fun. But what's the point of droopy, noddy jasmine, that's only going to fall further in our absence? Can my husband do it? Hardly. He's in the car driving 3 hours to Sydney to have his six week check up on his knee and won't be home till after dark. 

Oh, hell, I'm up for a challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x