Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy happy joy joy

Sarah at one of my regular must-see blogs, www.pinkofperfection.com has regular monthly projects and I am so in on this one. July is happiness month and I am pretty sure that I could devote a couple of pages to this one. While life mightn't always lead you in the direction you expected, I think that it's essential to a person's sanity to find something to be happy about every day. Here's what makes me smile:

1. My gorgeous gal. I've had eight precious years with this delightful child and she's made me smile every single day.
2. My hubby. That's why I love him, 'cause no matter what, we always find something to laugh about together.
3. My dopey, boofy cat and the way he knows that the quickest way to my heart is to roll flat on his back exposing a ridiculously fluffy tum.
4. Roses - pink, red, yellow... so long as they're scented they'll always boost my spirits.
5. Friends who can always be relied upon to make your heart sing.
6. Pretty shoes. I'm an optimistic gal who likes to look up and forwards, but when I look down it's always a nice surprise to see something pretty on my feet.
7. Red and pink nails - fingers or toes - so long as they're contrasting they'll bring many an admiring glance from my direction.
8. Kind acts. There really is nothing nicer than helping make someone else's day a little brighter.
9. Pink champagne in my vintage etched champagne glasses.
10. Cupcakes - who could be grumpy when faced with one of these little mouthfuls of cute?
11. Polka dots. I've never seen anything ugly adorned with spots - or maybe it's just that they bring out the beauty in everything.
12. Pugs and french bulldogs. I don't need to own one - just to look at one every now and again. They're ever-so-gorgeous.
13. Paris, France and everything that comes from that neck of the woods. My memories always take me back and my dreams will send me there again.
14. Violets and peonies - two vastly different fleurs but they're like roses in that they work in a vase, on jewels and in pictured form.
15. The scent of jasmine and frangipani - spring and summer scents that'll always tickle my fancy.
16. Nurturing friends and family with a delicious meal - preferably over a nice glass of wine.

And so much more - I'd much rather be happy than sad. To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just found your blog on Pink of Perfection. I loved your list. Champagne in vintage etched glasses? That sounds divine! I love pugs and French bulldogs and Boston terriers, really anything with a wrinkly face. I also love jasmine. By the way, I'll add you to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x