Friday, July 18, 2008

I'll make you happy

I've realised that the list of what makes me happy (pinkofperfection project for July) is far too vast just for the 16 I dashed off yesterday - and is a rather nice start to the day. So here's some more.

17. Walking along the beach at that time when the ocean is shimmering and dusted with a melange of pearlescent colours - from pink, to yellow to the iciest blue (it was 4.30pm yesterday - might be 4.35 today).
18. Smiling at as many other walkers, runners, surfers getting their exercise fix down by the beach - and feeling joyous when some smile back.
19. Finding a treasure in an op shop or antique store.
20. Old people holding hands. Actually, anyone holding hands. Life's all about expressing how you feel so anyone from toddlers to the elderly grasping digits will elicit an "Oh, bless" from me. Here's my most recent favourite. At the premiere of Sex and the City a distinguished elderly lady entered. From her gorgeous grey chignon to her leopard print accessories, she was everything I want to be at her age. Then I noticed her hubby behind her - resplendent with the most extraordinary moustache cultivated outside Yosemite Sam. Now, this was cute! Then, at the end of the film, she got up, he got up, and they held hands and walked out together. Good grief, I thought I'd cried enough during the film! That's why love lasts.
21. That first cup of coffee - especially when it's served in a pale blue bol from Paris.
22. Emile Simon's tunes. Discovered her yet? She'll make you smile.
23. Unexpected thoughtfulness from my hubby. 15 years and he still does it for me.
24. Spying people walking past gaining joy from our front garden. I love a person who is drawn to smiling by a few well-placed flowers.
25. A good book, a comfy chair and a really good cup of tea in a china cup. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x