Thursday, May 23, 2013

the right tools for the job



I like to believe that my house will be perfectly clean and tidy if only I have the right tools for the job. I'm reluctant to admit how long I've been searching for the "perfect" mop. So much so that I nearly spent $90 on a mop and bucket THAT WAS ON SALE two nights ago.

I didn't. I bought something similar-ish, but what is really just a modern-day string mop, from Woolies yesterday. It is a pretty pale blue and white though - and did seem to do a rather smashing job of washing the kitchen floor. Who knows, could it be the one?

I also finally bought a Dyson. My dream vacuum. And yep, it does work like a dream. But I'm almost too scared to use it - in case it doesn't live up to my extremely high expectations.

I know, weirdo.

Now all I need is to find the perfect duster.

Oh, and that cute lil apron the chick in the pic is wearing {I'll probably wear clothes under it - and not those heels, they're killers for my old floorboards.}

Tell me - have you found the perfect tool? What is it?

10 comments:

  1. Oh a Dyson. Lucky you and I hope you find it really good. I have a quite old Electrolux and it works a treat still and hopefully will continue to do so. I was looking at those blue and white mops in the Woolies catalogue and wondering about them. They had one of those buckets to go with it. Did you get one as well? I think they have a squeezy thing to take the excess water out of the mop. I have a lady wash our floors these days so may ask her if she would prefer one of those.
    I'm sure you'd look real cute in one of those lil aprons but a bit chilly in this weather. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one Mimsie! And yes, the bucket that you press down with your foot to squeeze out the excess water.

      And yep, would be VERY chilly in this weather in that apron - I'm cold in my cardigan and ugg boots!

      Delete
    2. Thanks PPMJ....Jenny will be here in the morning so I will ask her opinion and if she plumps for the blue and white mop plus bucket I'll get her one for next time. Glad you mentioned it.

      Delete
  2. I splurged on a Dyson last year. I love it. You won't regret your investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I regretted every year that I had the other one - that wasn't *that* much cheaper than a Dyson. Swoon.

      Delete
  3. Hands down it has to be the Dyson,love it.(Can you love a vacuum cleaner???)
    I need the perfect duster too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you *can* love a Dyson (well, I do...) Let me know if you find that perfect duster!

      Delete
  4. I have a Dyson and there is something very satisfying about watching that barrel fill with dust when you vacuum. I love a new cleaning product or tool, it makes a very boring job somehow more bearable. xT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only odd bod that got a bit of a thrill seeing that dyson barrel fill with dust (and hair and sand). I cannot believe how much "stuff" gets all over our floors, with 2 small people who love sand and my gal and I with longish fair hair the dyson could fill its belly everyday here.
    I also have a steam mop, which I LOVE!!!
    I am also on the hunt for the perfect duster....or a very cheap but amazingly good cleaner........

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x